Galesburg is a charming city set in the beautiful prairieland of West Central Illinois. It is a city rich in history and arts, beautiful architecture and is home to one of the largest rail yards in the world.
- There is always something “happening” in Galesburg with festivals, events and productions at the striking Orpheum Theatre. Visitors come from all over to attend annual events such as Railroad Days, Stearman Fly-in and the Knox County Scenic Drive.
- Visit historic Seminary Street and find unique shopping, restaurants, antiques and fun-filled street events during the summer months.
- Conveniently located just south of downtown Seminary Street is the Amtrak station with service to Chicago and California.
- Over 50 churches represent an array of congregations.
- Galesburg is home to both Knox College and Carl Sandburg College. Knox College is a private liberal arts college and is the site of the famed Lincoln-Douglas Debate in 1858. Carl Sandburg College is a public, community college and is named after the author-poet Carl Sandburg, who was born and raised in Galesburg.